Blinky Bill is an anthropomorphic koala and children's fictional character created by author and illustrator Dorothy Wall. BLINKY BILL Profile & Lyrics. That’s something that I’ll always want to have going forward. The series gives us a closer look at the inspiring stories of pioneers who represent today’s Africa. Blinky Bill (Sellanga Ochieng’) is a Musician/Producer and DJ based in Nairobi. Emirates has partnered with Kenyan musician and DJ Blinky Bill to create a pan-African anthem, which celebrates the talent and achievements of young Africans. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. My work day: I wake up in the morning, go to the studio to work on my ideas. I like people like Björk or Thom Yorke — people who have taken the liberty to just be themselves, do whatever it is they want to do because they really enjoy it, rather than being pigeonholed to geography. Wall then featured Blinky Bill in a series of her own books, including Blinky Bill: The Quaint Little Australian, Blinky Bill Grows Up, and Blinky Bill and Nutsy. Djula dance, by Ibaaku — Ibaaku is an artist from Dakar making super-imaginative music. I feel sometimes when outsiders look to African music, there’s an expectation of a certain sound. What a Kenyan musician listens to — everything. cheril59. Senior players return in bid to salvage Shujaa’s fortunes, Defaulters Back on CRBs’ Radar as Grace Period Lapses, Tanzania Lifts Suspension of Kenyan Flights, Fixing Ailing Kenyan Media Industry No Rocket Science, Tanzania Must Have Been Top Of The List When Uhuru Slammed “Some Countries” Over COVID-19 Stats, Universities & Colleges To Reopen in 2021. Nairobi-based “Blinky” Bill Sellanga – Kenyan musician, producer and DJ is the embodiment of a renaissance in African music. To us, that is what travel is about, to find a common ground that helps us connect, to question, to be curious, and I believe this campaign does just that in taking Emirates closer to the heart of our audience in a way that is authentic,” said Boutros Boutros, Divisional Senior Vice President – Corporate Communications, Marketing and Brand, Emirates. It’s serious, but it’s not that serious. He is a TED Fellow, Red Bull Music Academy alumni and a Participant at … Blinky Bill Will Be Kenya’s Only Artist at Afropunk in South Africa August 21, 2019 - by Anthony Mbugua - Leave a Comment Blinky Bill does it again. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Here, Blinky gives a sneak peek into his thoughts on pop, process and play — and spins us a few of his favorite tunes while he’s at it. What if I Go, by Mura Masa — Mura Masa is a British electronic music producer from Guernsey that currently on high rotation at my studio. There’s something that’s so rich about African music and African culture that it’s not something that I would want to erase from my music, and I expect something of the African vibe will still be in there whether I intend it to be or not. I’m also now looking for what we Kenyans have that’s special — so these days I’m exploring older Kenyan music that can be reinterpreted for the present and moving forward. From collective to solo and back again. Poised to become cultural ambassadors for Africa to the world, they share a common passion to bring their global exposure and influences to their own local journeys, as they discover what it means to be ‘home’. As of right now, I don’t know anyone else who plays with a talkbox in African music, and it’s something that I really want to include on my new project. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Aburoy, by Tek.Lun — Rashad Williams, aka Tek.Lun, aka Varth Dader, hails from Baltimore Maryland. 41 Favourites. Water me no get enemy, by Fela Kuti — Fela Kuti is of the most influential, intelligent, complex, political, witty, controversial African musicians ever, and this is one of my favorite songs of his. This new Tarot deck can help you navigate the 21st-century’s New Normal, What’s happening in Antarctica won’t stay in Antarctica, Let’s design CRISPR to benefit everyone while we still can. Playfulness is always a part of my process, whether it’s getting musicians to improvise or grabbing ideas from whatever it is I happen to be listening to at the time and throwing it into the pot for fun. He’s one of my favorite music producers, and has had a huge impact on how I make music. 4 Favourites. Blinky, Bill Sellanga, is a recoding artist, Music Producer and DJ from Nairobi, Kenya, born on August 24, 1982. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Traveling Circus. This browser doesn't support Spotify Web Player. Sing, by Four Tet — Four Tet is an English post-rock and electronic musician. The TED Fellows program hand-picks young innovators from around the world to raise international awareness of their work and maximize their impact.

Gta 5 Real Life Locations, Lord Jim Sparknotes, Entangled Publishing Amara, Mathematics Books, Caroline Quentin Dancer, Sheridan Smith James Corden Rap, Snooker Live Streaming, Unc Women's Lacrosse Apparel, Dean Smith Family, Sling Error 4-310, Distance Between Anfield And Goodison Park As The Crow Flies, Magomed Ankalaev Vs Ion Cutelaba Full Fight,

Read Other Blog Posts