I told Michael Dee that the only way I would take this position is if AZ Foothills embodies us all. Amidst all of this, 5 days ago the Arizona Foothills magazine took to Instagram to share some big news. He is a leading contributor to the Global Good News Network and received a 2018 United Nations General Assembly Award for the Global Top 100 Most Influential People of African Descent. “Please welcome Darris Love, leading contributor to Good News Network, as the new COO of the magazine and his whole team. Meet Darris Love, the New Chief Operating Officer of AZ Foothills, 4th Annual Scottsdale Dia de Los Muertos 2020 New Art Installation Experience Announced, Local Businesses Partner to Raise Funds for Domestic Violence Awareness, Foothills Community Foundation Changes Name to the Holland Center, The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show is Back at WestWorld October 16-18, Orphan Mountain Lion Kittens Find Their Forever Home, Masonic Charities Supports Family Promise’s Emergency Shelter Program. #jesuschrist or #donaldtrump -, A man in a jet pack buzzing commercial planes woul, Working on an exclusive for CelebMagazine.com - if. Now is the time for real solutions.”, “On a personal note,” he initially wrapped with telling us, “I have been a part of the Arizona community for the past 15 years. “I am here to create a platform for everyone to have a seat at the table and a platform that will produce a response from the community: no more quotes, no more words, only actions. “Please welcome Darris Love, leading contributor to Good News Network, as the new COO of the magazine and his whole team. 39 talking about this. “He has a vision.”. “Our promise to you- We will work every day to regain your trust and to do our part to bring the community together and make the community stronger.” The statement was signed by Michael Dee on June 5th. A Letter From Darris: I want to thank all of you for the opportunity to serve this community. Darris Love. We are sorry. Man of GOD, Actor, Humanitarian, Philanthropist. We are creating a vehicle that will steer ALL of us into the future, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexuality, or gender, or political affiliation. Darris, and his whole team, will lead AZ Foothills into brighter days. So many issues with Arizona. Required fields are marked *. We reached out to Love exclusively to ask if he had a statement. My (British) friend’s parents went to dinner at a friendly neighbor’s house one night, during a stay in Phoenix, and in the living room was a giant framed painting of President Obama portrayed as a monkey. One of the biggest publications in Scottsdale, Arizona is inarguably the Arizona Foothills Magazine. 8,787 Followers, 1,771 Following, 914 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Darris Love (@darris_love) The magazine has a lot of local Scottsdale businesses that pay top advertising dollars in order to be featured in it. My sister’s boyfriend is black’ moments… #youfail.”, “This is a bandaid and feels very disingenuous.”, “You hired him out of guilt and embarrassment not because you genuinely felt he should be your COO. In this day and time, a financial donation is not going to suffice. Public Art Campaign, AZ Insider: The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley Has A Formula for Impact, Best High-End Sushi Restaurants in Phoenix. Friends of Phoenix Public Art announces LOVE IT! I want to thank all of you for the opportunity to serve this community. Friends of Phoenix Public Art announces LOVE IT! Now Darris Love adds even more substance to AZ Foothills. So who is Darris Love? We are all human beings, and despite the differences in our walks of life, experiences, and values, in the eyes of God, we are all equal. In fact, I ask that you join us. Phoenix Children's Hospital 5th Annual 5K Kids' Dash is Going Virtual, Register Now! It’s so weird not having the top nightclubs in t, Great to see @foodgod buying expensive products on, Remembering #pumpkinpatch’s pre-COVID-19. They alone will guide and create all of the AZFoothills digital/editorial content from here on out.”. MMG / Darris Love. What will happen going forward remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain- this is a PR nightmare they are not going to recover from anytime soon. We are changing. AZ Foothills has always had style and sophistication. What a, Who is more famous? And what did Michael Dee have to say about these comments, specifically in regards to the rush hiring of Darris and it being a “bandaid?”, “Darris is a man of God and more important change and this is no stunt,” he explained. It’s a simple fact that no one wants to be affiliated with a publication or company that could be deemed racist in any way. Tori Spelling to Join RHOBH in a ‘Friend of’ Role! We want to hear your ideas. You hired a blank employee as quickly as possible as opposed to stepping up and DIRECTLY APOLOGIZING.”, “So rather than hire an Editor, or an accomplished writer who would actually have creative control, they decided to hire a black actor. AZ Foothills has always had style and sophistication. “Thank you for your inquiry,” he began with sharing with us. Working in Hollywood as a kid since 5 years old, I saw so many ‘celebs’ talk about how they want to help make a difference but (take) no action other than donating to their favorite charity or volunteering time. Earlier [in] the week, a post was made by a member of the AZ Foothills family that was offensive and wrong. We have hit the streets with our marches and protests, but this cannot be in vain and this cannot be all that we do. Unfortunately, we have a problem with a select group of officers across the country and that has led us to our current situation. I told Michael Dee that the only way I would take this position is if AZ Foothills embodies us all. Kimberly Fattorini Death Way Less ‘Accidental’ Than Claimed—Cop Cover-Up or Incompetence? “We know that these are just words, but we will turn these words into action,” the statement concluded with. We look to collaborate and partner with organizations and learn what we can do to help us improve.”. Now Darris Love adds even more substance to AZ Foothills. While the post was removed, we know that the pain remains and will for some time.”, “We want to make this right and we ask you for the chance to do so,” their statement continued. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Stay tuned for more exciting changes! The people have spoken. For those who are following the movement here is Darris Love's interview on TMZ yesterday!! More significant work is required.”, He continued explaining to us: “These social injustices are not about being black or white; it’s not about who is right or wrong. Great post. In addition, Hannah commented that “the black community creates a higher percentage of crime so your numbers would be correct.”. We asked him if he could clarify/if he was planning to move to Arizona now that he was the COO of Arizona Foothills. There are a bunch of other comments of a similar vein. Darris brings to our organization years of experience in video production, digital storytelling, and marketing with Youtube, Facebook, and Google. Recently, the publication underwent a major scandal when Hannah Dee, the wife of owner Michael Dee, took to her social media to make remarks that were blatantly racist and had a threatening tone to them as well. Your email address will not be published. Stay tuned for more exciting changes! This is one of those ‘I’m not racist. Amidst all of this, 5 days ago the Arizona Foothills magazine took to Instagram to share some big news. This certainly was not surprising to us, given the state of the world and all the protests that have been occurring. They alone will guide and create all of the AZFoothills digital/editorial content from here on out.” Height 6' 0" Hair Brown Eyes Brown 8.6 K; Portfolio Digitals Videos Resume; IMDB; Locations. These included: The latest apology- which is still up- is a series of messages on Instagram that are captioned “We are listening. He also has made appearances in such notable films as “Straight Outta Compton,” in which he did the voice for Tupac Shakur and Q. It’s not unreasonable to question why the Arizona Foothills Magazine would suddenly hire an actor (granted, one who has written, but an actor) as their Chief Operating Officer amidst a scandal involving racism. Since the scandal broke out, as one commenter on their latest apology Instagram post pointed out, the magazine put out multiple apologies (most of which are now deleted). Darris is an African-American actor, best known for being featured on Nickelodeon’s The Secret World Of Alex Mack as Raymond Alvarado from 1994-1998. After our initial correspondence with Darris, we had some sources coming to us claiming that he actually did NOT live in Arizona and actually resided in Los Angeles, California. My family is here and this is my home.”. No more injustice. Public Art Campaign, AZ Insider: The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley Has A Formula for Impact, Best High-End Sushi Restaurants in Phoenix. I kid you not. We could have done better for sure.”. “I moved here in March permanently pre-coronavirus.”, We also touched base with Michael Dee who told us that “The way we apologized was rushed and wrong. We will be announcing a solution to police brutality this week and announcing the new voices of AZ Foothills. Darris Love, was at the mall with his fiancé yesterday when out of nowhere he became the victim of racial profiling as an alleged suspect in the car chase. “A detailed plan of action and the other voices joining the team will be announced later this week,” the statement concluded with. Since Darris was hired, many have taken to Instagram comments to express they are not happy with the decision to hire Darris. If I thought Mr. Dee was not indeed a genuine person who would step aside for a brand-new clear vision and more inclusive AZ Foothills, I would not be here. Phoenix Children's Hospital 5th Annual 5K Kids' Dash is Going Virtual, Register Now! We are excited to introduce you to the newest member of our team, Darris Love. No more police brutality. "He is in charge," Michael Dee, the publisher and CEO of AZ Foothills, as the magazine is known, said in an email to The Republic regarding the announcement of Darris Love's hiring. “I have had a home here [Arizona] we bought for my little brother Chance,” he told us when broached on the subject of if he lived in Scottsdale or not. If I thought Mr. Dee was not indeed a genuine person who would step aside for a brand-new clear vision and more inclusive AZ Foothills, I would not be here. This is the reason why I am stepping up taking the responsibility as the new COO of AZ Foothills.”, “One thing I know from being an Influencer and actor for more than 30 years is that you cannot please all fans,” he elaborated. Racism is weird.”. Specifically, Hannah posted “Isn’t it time for one of these deranged individuals who do mass shootings to come out and help the police?” With this statement, she suggested that it would be helpful for a “mass shooter” to come out and help the police against the Black Lives Matter protesters. Please email [email protected]”, “We are sorry. “We also ask you to help us as we work to be better. “I prayed about this situation, the perfect opportunity to be an example of my purpose here on earth. Darris Love.

Joyce Grenfell Poems, Carol Muschamp Instagram, Pubg Online Players, Atlas Mountains Climate, Chris Marlowe, Adelaide Olympic Fc Facebook, Yvonne Orji Pronunciation, Fight For Your Right Revisited Imdb,

Read Other Blog Posts