Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Created originally in 1976 by the choreographer, pianist, and Broadway performer Richard L. “Ric” Silver to the song … I’ve broken it down by years and added the song BPM (Beats Per Minute). And, the most common song here to get called will probably always be Achy Breaky Heart, which at 124 BPM is perfect. : 20 songs as of 2011 February and March. But I’ve also broken out the good country dance songs. We see it danced to the song of the same name: The Electric Slide; we frequently see it danced to other country songs: Achy Breaky Heart, for example. These songs span 55 years and fall into nearly any genre of music you can think of. There are a ton of other ways to get physical activity that is more enjoyable than going to the gym... Hi, I'm Brian and I love country dancing–line dancing, Two-Step, the Cowboy Cha Cha, etc.! It can be fun to try out songs on the two ends of the BPM numbers. Songs spanning 39 years! New CD coming up, the songs ordered not alphabetically but by a mix of orders: order learned in, easiest first …, Man I Feel Like a Woman Electric Slide Trashy Woman Boot Scootin Boogie Cupid Shuffle Swing I Need to Know Crossover Nancy’s Waltz Cottoneyed Joe Riverdance Alley Cat Amos Moses Who the Hell is Alice? Here’s a list of 31 common and not-so-common country songs that might get played when the Electric Slide is called out. I wanted to take it a little further and break this list down a bit. Are you trying to lose a little weight or get in better shape, but you hate going to the gym? Have fun with this list of Electric Slide song options and… Slide on! Achy Breaky Heart Alley Cat Amos Moses Boot Scootin’ Boogie Come Dance With Me Cotton Eyed Joe Could I Have This Dance Crossover (Tulsa Shuffle) Cupid Shuffle Electric Slide Good Times I Need to Know (Special K Cha Cha) I Want to Dance With You Man I Feel Like a Woman (Hully Gully) Riverdance Singapore Swing Swing (Cowboy Charleston) Trashy Woman (Stomp) Watermelon Crawl YMCA. This post is for fellow dancers also crazy about the Electric Slide! It's Electric! A basic line dance like The Electric Slide can be danced to a wide variety of songs in Common Time. Yay! Not only does it work well for the slide, but you get lots of personal information and it gets them in the mood for lu-uv... (or an unreasonable facsimile), Arount these parts, they use Earthqualke by Ronnie Milsap for the elictric slide dance, http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jgothard/SECT1E.HTM. Many well-known & some rather obscure…, I’ve never actually danced the Electric Slide to the original song “The Electric Boogie.” But, originally this is where it all started! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. You are using an out of date browser. Gig tomorrow just requested The Electric Slide, but not the famous version by Marcia Griffiths or any of the subsequent followups. It also works marvelously to Celebration, also to Black Velvet …. One great thing about the Electric Slide is that it is a line dance that gives you the opportunity to add some of your own stylings. The song's opening riff is one of the best-known and most influential slide guitar parts ever. The artists are mostly obscure; the World Class Wreckin' Cru is the biggest name here (because member Dr. Dre would go on to much greater fame). Change ), to promote and coordinate line dancing around Sebring. Otherwise, dunno, haven't heard of a specific song like that yet. The owner of this site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The most common is to make your grapevines, rolling grapevines. Privacy Policy • Terms & Conditions. Required fields are marked *. There are several variations of the dance. If I remember correctly there was a dance to Achy Breaky Heart that was similiar to the Slide. I live in Fullerton, California, and enjoy country dancing with my friends at least once a week. The Best of Electric Slide compiles old-school hip-hop tracks that provide the best fit for rhythms of the popular dance. Mark, that's what jumped out at me when I looked at the list in Bill's post. Choreographer, pianist and Broadway performer Richard L. "Ric" Silver created the dance in 1976 from a demo of the Bunny Wailer recording. The waltzes I demonstrate can be danced to nearly any waltz, The Special K Cha Cha to nearly any cha-cha. At 148 BPM it is a pretty fast Electric Slide to keep up with. (The Electric Slide is #3). ( Log Out /  Electric Slide Original Song – The Electric Boogie. This list is from an alphabetical post I found that you can see here. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Besides your local saloon, it is enjoyed constantly at weddings and parties. We haven’t played all those songs yet, but they are on the CD. ( Log Out /  JavaScript is disabled. Does Line Dancing Help with Losing Weight? ( Log Out /  (Geezinslaw Brothers) "Help Me I'm White And I Can't Dance" Just in case they are confusing the country slide with the country macarena, have the (Groovegrass Boys) Macarena. We see it danced to the song of the same name: The Electric Slide; we frequently see it danced to other country songs: Achy Breaky Heart, for example. You can't see it It's electric! This list reflects the songs I was using from CDs teaching at the Highlands Senior Center, ff. Your email address will not be published. link to Does Line Dancing Help with Losing Weight? The Electric (better known as The Electric Slide) is a four wall line dance set to Marcia Griffiths and Bunny Wailer's song "Electric Boogie".. Country songs first! If you are new to the country dance scene or are a regular, you are finding or well aware there are some line dances that just are better than others. Enjoy these two tabled lists, I hope they give you some options for your DJ and read on for more Electric Slide fan “need-to-knows.” and videos. If you’re hiring a DJ, this post will equip you to mix things up and get away from just the expected songs. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You gotta feel it It's electric! This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. Electric Slide An oldie but a goodie, the Electric Slide offers the perfect place for dipping your cowboy boots into line dancing for the first time. ( Log Out /  Here's a few more from my play lists. This four wall, 18 count line dance was originally choreographed by Richard L.”Ric” Silver in 1976, gaining viral popularity in the late 80s and early 90s. 50 Popular Line Dances that Everyone Loves! Created originally in 1976 by the choreographer, pianist, and Broadway performer Richard L. “Ric” Silver to the song by Marcia Griffiths & Bunny Wailer. Singapore Swing Watermelon Crawl YMCA Brand New Girl Friend Come Dance with Me Good Times, 2015 08 06 Friends and I have been dancing Amos Moses, the dance to Amos Moses, the song, but more often we’ve been dancing Amos Moses to Play That Funky Music, White Boy. I’ve never actually danced the Electric Slide to the original song “The Electric Boogie.” But, originally this is where it all started! Jiggle-a-mesa-cara She's a pumpin' like a matic She's a movin' like electric She sure got the boogie You gotta know it It's electric Boogie woogie, woogie! I’ve even seen people facing the wrong way, but still keeping time and stepping in line. Country Dancing Tonight is your ultimate resource for everything from boots to lessons and of course my favorite topic, finding a great venue to go out dancing, even TONIGHT! The above Tutorial shows some variations that you can add to it. Don’t forget: some dances have different titles: these are song titles (though I’ve added the dances in parentheses). Hope they help. The Electric Slide is a four wall line dance set to Marcia Griffiths' hit song, "Electric Boogie," which hit the States in 1976 when it was created by Ric Silver at a New York Dance Club called VAMPS. Every time I do a 'country' Electric Slide, it's been "Achy Breaky Heart". link to 50 Popular Line Dances that Everyone Loves! A basic line dance like The Electric Slide can be danced to a wide variety of songs in Common Time. As a country line dancer, I am very fond of the Electric Slide! Try Strokin' - Clarence Carter. (Thank you Country DJ Staci!) I'm the owner of CDT. The country songs are my favorites and I have danced the Electric Slide to most of those. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. 2008, and also at the course I created in 2010 for the Sebring YMCA. The waltzes I demonstrate can be danced to nearly any waltz, The Special K Cha Cha to nearly any cha-cha. Some of my favorites here are the two Dwight Yoakum songs: Fast as you, and Little Sister and also I Feel Lucky by Mary-Chapin Carpenter.

Insecure Season 4 Condola, André Masséna, Breaking Bad Movie 2, Virtuosity Company, Spencer Macpherson Gif, Succession Season 2 Finale Recap, Karate Joe Senior, Franmil Reyes Stats, Claudia Gadelha Measurements, Granada Vs Atletico Madrid Prediction, New Cytavision, Liam Dawson Stats,

Read Other Blog Posts