It is a beautiful name, and I can really see this one ranking in the US in a few years! I like Guinevere, though I actually prefer the similar-sounding Gwen- names like Gwendolyn more. RELATED NAMES: Geneva, Ginevra, Genevra. Since the day Father his form did obscureth, I have await'd thee. Gwen is a Welsh feminine given name meaning "white, holy". (Cornish), Guinevere CalistaGuinevere JosephineGuinevere Blithe/BlytheGuinevere PhoebeGuinevere BeatrixGuinevere FableGuinevere Mairead. Find out more about the name Guinevere at BabyNames.com. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. In mythology, Guinevere was King Arthur's queen. Gwenhael, Gwenaël, Gwenvaël, Gwenaëlle; Gwenda (explained as a compound of gwen "white, pure, blessed, holy" + da "good, well"); Gwendolen, Gwendoline, Gwendolyn; Gweneira (from gwen "white" + eira "snow") All rights reserved. Genny, This is a lovely guilty pleasure of mine which is slowly creeping its way onto my list of real-life potentials. (Welsh) Guinevere was King Arthur's mythological queen. Meanings and history of the name Guinevere Old French form of the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar, which is composed of the elements gwen meaning "fair, white" and hwyfar meaning "smooth". Guinevere is a Welsh name meaning: “fair, white and smooth”.The name Guinevere is derived from Gwenhwyfar composed of the elements gwen ‘fair, white’ and hwyfar ‘smooth’.In Arthurian legend, she was the wife of King Arthur. Gwenrie, Gwenivere meaning - Astrology for Baby Name Gwenivere with meaning Variant of Guinevere. Geniver, I'd probably use Guin, Gwen or Vero, but Neve, Eve, Evy and Vivi could work too. gwe-ni-ve-re, gw-eniv-ere ] The baby girl name Gwenivere is derived from Old Welsh origins. This name is from the English origin. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Guinevere on Nameberry. It is of Welsh origin, and the meaning of Guinevere is "fair and smooth ". These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gwenivere. Guenevere, © 2020 Nameberry.com. Your email address will not be published. Today, Guinevere could be a cool possibility for adventurous parents intrigued by this richly evocative and romantic choice. And Vera is a lovely nickname. Guinevere as a girls' name is pronounced GWIN-a-veer. Baby names that sound like Gwenivere include Gueniver, Gunnvor, Gwenfair (Welsh), Gwenfor (Welsh), Gwenhwyfar (Welsh), Gwenhyvar, Gweniver (English), Gwynivere, Gambhira (Indian), Guenever (English), Guenevere (English and French), Guenievre (English), Guinevear (English), Guinivere, Guinnevere (English), Gwenevere (English and Welsh), Gwenfrewi (Welsh), Gwenhwyvar, Gwenifer, and Gwenyver. Absolutely love this name with the nickname of Ginny. This is one of my all time favorite names. no it's NOT MISSPELT. Weird things about the name Gwenivere: The name … The name Guinevere means White Ghost, Phantom and is of Welsh origin. Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia. All Things Baby Names  Contact | Privacy Policy  | Term of use. Derived from the elements 'gwen' meaning white, fair, blessed, holy; 'hwyfar' significance smooth. It can be a shortened form of Gwenhwÿfar or other names beginning with the same element, such as: . This is the name that got me into names. How to pronounce Guinevere: GWIHN-ah-VihR, Whimsical and Enchanting Baby Names for Girls Straight of a Fairytale, Your email address will not be published. Gwenivere is a variation of the name Guinevere (English and French). It's the OLD ENGLISH spelling xx. (2018 U.S. SSA RECORDS). Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I have suddenly found myself in love with this name. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. info); Breton: Gwenivar, Cornish: Gwynnever), also often written as Guenevere or Guenever, is the wife and queen of King Arthur in the Arthurian legend.Guinevere has been portrayed as everything from a villainous and opportunistic traitor to a fatally flawed but noble and virtuous lady. (2000 U.S. I just don't like the nickname Gwyn or the connection to Jennifer. Guinevere shares the attractive short form Gwyn with Gwyneth. In Arthurian legend, she was the wife of King Arthur. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Gwenivere. Succeed Lord Gwyn, and inheriteth the Fire of our world. Guinevere was the name of the beautiful but ill-fated queen of Camelot, for so many years eclipsed by its modern Cornish form Jennifer. Jennifer, Though now I gravitate toward Gwendolen instead. In Arthurian legend, she was the wife of King Arthur. Gwenevere is also a unique surname for both adults and children. This would make a brilliant replacement for the beautiful yet out-dated Jennifer. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Get more detail and free horoscope here.. Guinevere name meaning, origin, and more . French form of the Welsh Gwenhwyfar, from gwen, meaning “white, fair” and hwyfar, meaning “smooth, soft”. can work as nicknames for Guinevere; it's one of those names where you can come up with many plausible less obvious nicknames for the full name. I love using a nickname that works with this name but isn't the one that is most widely used like Gwen. From the Old French form of Welsh Gwenhwyfar, from gwen "fair, blessed, holy" and hwyfar "soft, smooth". Gwenivere is not widely used as a baby name for girls. Guinevere, and it's original (I believe?) 24 of the Prettiest Girl Names you Haven’t Heard, 100 Cute First & Middle Name Combinations for Girls, 118 Cute First and Middle Name Combinations. The name Guinevere is a girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "white shadow, white wave". These names tend to be more commonly used than Gwenevere. What Does Guinevere Mean and History? Beautiful literary princess name! Daughter of Lord Gwyn; and Queen of Sunlight. Genivra, Gwenhwyfar (Old Welsh) is an old form of Guinevere. Gwen, Guenola, Guin, Neve, Vere, or Win, Vera, Neva, etc. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Guinevere, try our name generator. Guinevere is a Welsh name meaning: “fair, white and smooth”. In Arthurian legend, Guinevere was the actual queen consort of King Arthur, famous for child affair with the actual king's most reliable knight Sir Lancelot. Gwen and Vera would be my go-to nicknames. Genevieve, I love the literary connection and how elegant and strong it sounds, but also can be made girly with the nicknames Guin or Ever. Today, Guinevere could be a cool possibility for adventurous parents intrigued by this richly evocative and romantic choice. What does Gwenevere mean? Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. VARIANTS Gweniver, Guinever, Gueniver, Guenevere, Guenever Recommended sound-alike names are Geegee, Genavieve, Genette, Geneva▼, Geneve, Geneveeve, Genevia, Genevie, Genevre, Genifer (see Jennifer), Genivee, Genivieve, Genivra, Gennivre, Genovefa, Genovera, Genoveva, Ginevra, Ginevre, Gleneen, Glenene, Glennene (see Glenna), Gwendolene, Gweneira, Gweneth, Gwenetta, Gwenette, Gwenness (see Gwyneth), Gwenneth, Gwennie, Gwennora (see Guinevere), Gwenora and Gwyneira.

Washington Huskies Men's Basketball Coaching Staff, Pride Parade Near Me, Martin Movie Cast, The Fast And The Furious Google, 2018 Unc Basketball, Festivals Nsw September 2019, Nina's Heavenly Delights English Subtitles, Panorama Test, Fashion Pins,

Read Other Blog Posts