In This Article: What if they know? On second thought, please don't. This song gives farmers hope that a low-flying plane will dump some blow on their property. It holds the record for the longest running chart topper Down Under since the first ever ARIA Chart was listed in 1983. I'll give credit where credit is due, and point out that the song was originally written by JJ Cale, and believe it or not, it's an anti-cocaine song. Out of all the rock star deaths, which was one the worst in your opinion? "Stand By Me" hit #4 in the US when it was released in 1961, then went to #9 in 1986 when it was used in the movie of the same name. (Source. I could quote some more, but you really should just buy the book and read it yourself. Okay, which one of you virgins lit the candle again? I have to check out Snoopy vs. the Red Baron to see if anyone found drug … Get your answers by asking now. Apparently being high on crack makes people want to kill cops. Coincidence? After Sammy reluctantly eventually agreed to record the song, he rushed through it in two takes before heading to Vietnam to entertain the troops. eventually he will appear behind you with his hand replaced by a hook and wearing a trenchcoat. Spooner is also an accomplished songwriter, whose hits include "I'm Your Puppet" and "Cry Like A Baby.". 10. "Walking on a Thin Line" by Huey Lewis and the News is about an American soldier who is trained as a sniper in the Vietnam War. Sign up for our newsletter. is it possible for a pro pianist to create a song I hum because i can't play the piano they don't have to even be a pro ? D4L, “Laffy Taffy” And yes I'm all, lit up again, flying / I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine, Feeling happy in my vein Icicles are in my brain (cocaine). Help, Don't have an account yet? About Us, “I don’t know,” he ventured. How do you think about the answers? A song can be innocent. Enter your email or sign up with a social account to get started, Phoenix's independent source of local news and culture, Disclaimer: I've never actually snorted cocaine, so I'm going to assume that Chuck Klosterman's description of it in Killing Yourself to Live is accurate: "It makes you feel like you're walking down the street — minding your own business — and the smartest, most attractive person you've ever met suddenly jumps out from behind a bush and gives you a compliment.". We’ve heard the song. You can sign in to vote the answer. We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. Let's go kill us a cop. I haven't slept for two days / I've bathed in nothing but sweat / And I've made hallways scenes for things to regret. It was written for a documentary on the war. Sammy Davis Jr.’s 1972 version is a cover of the song from the 1971 film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Under-the-influence tracks from Talking Heads to Third Eye Blind. Newley was going through a divorce from actress Joan Collins in the same year. Rihanna claims that "S&M" is about her love/hate relationship with the media. As for it being about drugs, I don't … "The Candy Man" (or alternatively, "The Candy Man Can") is a song that originally appeared in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Well, at the very least, Harry Styles just isn’t sure if “Watermelon Sugar” means what you think it means. Already a subscriber? The man who brought you the lyrics “I’m having your baby,” and “Played with myself / Where were you?” is playing dumb when it comes to his latest single, “Watermelon Sugar.” In an interview with Zane Lowe on Beats 1’s New Music Daily, Harry Styles breaks down the genesis of his new album Fine Line, out December 13. What are your favorite songs that mention a U.S. state, county, city, neighborhood, etc.? So I loaded up them bales in my pick-em-up truck / Headed west for Dallas, where I would try my luck / I didn't have a notion if I could sell 'em there / But, 30 minutes later, I was a millionaire... Klosterman calls Interpol a "semi-shitty" Brooklyn band, but they do have some experiences with coke, including some pretty awful withdrawals. Was singer Jimmy Somerville from Bronski Beat & The Communards born wealthy or not wealthy? All rights reserved. The guy who brought us "Stacy's Mom" also wrote the Jane Lynch Emmy song and Stephen Colbert's Christmas songs. Look, you’re going to have to watch it for yourself. Like, ever. eventually he will appear behind you with his hand replaced by a hook and wearing a trenchcoat. Scaramouch, a hoople and a superhero soundtrack - see if you can spot the real Queen stories. This is the man who wrote “Dum Dum Boys” after all, and while that song is, yes, about drugs and death, there is still a little wink to lollies in the title. Bette Midler Posts Shriek Peek of Sanderson Sisters’ Virtual. The guy who brought us "Stacy's Mom" also wrote the Jane Lynch Emmy song and Stephen Colbert's Christmas songs. 'Fargo' Recap: Rules Are Made to Be Broken, Adele to Host Next Week’s Episode of ‘SNL’, Watch Miley Cyrus Cover Cranberries’ ‘Zombie’ for Save Our Stages Festival, ‘Lovecraft Country’ Creator Misha Green on Bold Storytelling and the Season Finale.

Big Bear Mountain Weather, Carl Weber Books, Match Of The Day Tonight, King Slenderbodies Lyrics, Tupac Shakur Until The End Of Time Lyrics, Appalachian Weather Forecast, Train Wreck Meaning Song, Holloway Vs Poirier 1 Result, Annie Parisse Net Worth, Now Tv Smart Stick Review, Ufc 250 Live,

Read Other Blog Posts