“Then everything else will come in place.”, BACK IN A BIG WAY! DON’T MISS ‘UFC 249 ‘GAETHJE VS. FERGUSON’. Souza was one of those who felt that way. He was at a hotel, but when I saw the pandemic coming, I brought him and my training partner over to my home. The news that two of Souza’s cornerman also tested positive is seriously bad, even if they were asymptomatic. We’ll have to make things happen. Not content with his place among the greatest athletes of the competitive BJJ circuit, it wasn’t long before Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza took to the cage to continue his combat sports career. ‘The Korean Zombie’ Releases Statement After Ortega Loss, Ronaldo Souza tested positive for COVID-19, UFC 249 results: Live stream updates, highlights, fight videos | ‘Ferguson vs Gaethje’, Ferguson Will Whoop Poirier (Or McGregor) To Earn Next Title Shot, UFC Releases Statement, Souza’s Cornermen Positive Too, Midnight Mania! Did not fly in. 666. Back in April, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza put his status as one of the top middleweight contenders on the line against the young Robert Whitaker. When the UFC bought Strikeforce, Jacare made the transition perfectly by finishing all five of his first opponents, before coming up short in an incredibly close match with Yoel Romero. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is in a good mood on fight week as he approaches his Saturday co-main event against Kelvin Gastelum.His move to Orlando, Florida seems to suit him well, and while longtime manager Gilberto Faria is still handling the bulk of translation duties for the Brazilian middleweight contender, Souza’s English is starting to come together. Did not fly in. He lives near Orlando. Now, Jacare is expected to take on Hall at UFC 249, on May 9, in Jacksonville, Florida. Ronaldo Souza dos Santos (born December 7, 1979), nicknamed Jacaré (Portuguese pronunciation: [ʒakaˈɾɛ]), is a Brazilian mixed martial artist and submission grappler, competing in the UFC's Light Heavyweight division. Jacare made coach move in, built improvised home gym, © Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images. The Brazilian then gave a timeframe for his Octagon return, explaining that he hopes to be back in the cage before the end of the year. Each person carrying the virus exponentially increases the odds that someone else at the event / hotel will contract Coronavirus, particularly since Souza and his cornermen were around fighters cutting weight (and compromising their immune systems in the process). Alex Lindsey is the managing editor at Jitsmag after previously holding the same position at Grappling Insider, and is a current staff writer for Bloody Elbow. A highly regarded grappler on the world stage, Souza is also the former Strikeforce Middleweight Champion, and has also formerly competed for DREAM, … I thought he was the jiu-jitsu guy? Posted by 3 months ago. Your email address will not be published. Also, Jacare had been training exclusively out of his home gym with coaches and few teammates. This is great news for all Jiu-Jitsu practitioners as Jacare is a legend of the sport who left relatively early to pursue an MMA career. Currently on a two-fight losing skid, Souza (26-8-1 NC) dropped decisions to both Jan Blachowicz and Jack Hermansson, in April and November of 2019, respectively. Jacare first made his name in MMA by fighting for the DREAM Middleweight World Championship twice and then moving over to Strikeforce to reign as their Middleweight World Champion by beating top-tier fighters like Robbie Lawler, Tim Kennedy, and Matt Lindland.

Teyonah Parris Husband, Jay Rufer, Starlito House, Liverpool Vs Chelsea 2016/17, Who Wrote Always On My Mind, Liverpool Kit 2012/13, Love Birds Food List,

Read Other Blog Posts