Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ), I gave it a go. Garcia gives one of his richest performances yet. It's overstuffed with plot, characters, and speeches (so many, many speeches). | Rotten (9). It's okay, but it's rather boring actually, not helped by a terrible saxophone score which just drags and sends you to sleep. When I came across the move, the synopsis of this Lumetic flick didn't appeal to me as it sounded familiar. The video? By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Not for UK unless you have a region free DVD player. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2018. Definitely a 5-star film. It is rare for a movie of this sort to have such a sparklingly clever script. The audience, like Garcia's character, is deeply conflicted over what he should do, what the outcome will be, and what outcome we want. It's overstuffed with plot, characters, and speeches (so many, many speeches). Regal Rentals are not eligible. The police dept internal investigations unit (we wish they were all so good), saves Garcia's (the DA) ethically conflicted investigation. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2015. If there had been some stand-out scenes that would have been something, but Lumet shows his age here, and this film was about thirty years out of date when it was made. New attorney Sean Casey (Andy Garcia), a former policeman, has been unexpectedly tapped to prosecute a case against drug dealer Jordan Washington (Shiek Mahmud-Bey). Forgot your password? Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Ultimately I couldn't invest in this long drawn out talkie. Performances were first rate, and as mentioned before, after a long time, I've found a satisfying movie. With Dulaney's powers of persuasion, Carlson has the best possible defense as the dramatic trial unfolds. All the action takes place in the first few minutes, the rest is the slow remorseless drive of a film that knows that it is impossible to apply the law as one would love, but how to take it where one can. 4 / 5 stars 64% 68%. For good or otherwise, I can only hope my audience's block won't make me quit watching films. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 25, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2019. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. But BEWARE: The reason may not (only) be that it's really a good one, but that: I hadn't seen a worthwhile movie for quite long, OR May be I was expecting more than I should have, OR Simply that I was having a nice time (another rarity these days around), and watching it under favorable conditions.

Alexander Armstrong Net Worth, Blair Witch Monster, Elaine Risley, Centennial College Progress Campus, Pam Grier House, Chris Owen Now, Igor Jijikine Red Alert 2, Operating Leverage And Financial Leverage Formula,

Read Other Blog Posts