Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat and a BEAUTIFUL blonde came up to me...tits out to here, Mike. Subscribe now ». I overheard him telling his brother, my Uncle Bill. Mike was quick behind him, and as he climbs up on the post, he calls out “Pat! I turned off the key and I said 'It's either screw or swim!' Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a great big smile on his face. Read on NJ.comInterviews, film reviews, commentary, Family Viewing columnsSpotlighting films perfect for families. Granted, cigars are cheaper at the convenience store in Manson, owned and operated by a regional Indian tribe, but what they gain in price, they more than lose to Pat and Mike's in selection. Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a great big smile on his face. Change ). Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn go another round in the delightful 'Pat and Mike' Pat and Mike . Hey There. Who made it: Directed by George Cukor. Pat died in a horrible accident and it came upon Mike to tell the widow. Our fathers served in Europe, the Pacific, or both, during WW II. My grandfather, Pop Manion, loved telling jokes. I grew up believing that I was named for the patron saints of my parents’ respective countries of origin–Michael for The Netherlands and Patrick for Ireland. My Grandfather, actually. "Woman of the Year" is fun as well — except for the studio-imposed ending, which tries to put Hepburn in her place for not being able to make waffles. I’m certainly not. “What’s up, Pat, with all the work?”, “Don’t worry, Mike” said Pat with a wink, “I’ve got them all fooled! Both my husband and I were born in the 40s into military families. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. "Blue Eiderdown" is spoilt too by a ridiculous ending. Both of these men went on to become well-respected, active members of their communities and may have thought we kids would be somehow insulted. Right: Jane is making Mike and me pizza! Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. Get our mobile appAlso: Subscribe to Whitty on Twitter or Facebook. Mike says, "Pat, what are you so happy for?" Mike says, "Pat, what are you so happy for? How’s the water?”, From the wheat, Pat answers “It’s fine Mike, but dive a little to the right. My grandfather loved Pat and Mike jokes, as do I. By the end of the episode I was screaming for more. Tits out to here! Another factor is that Pat North is a more interesting, engaging and likable character than Roisin Connor. Pat says to Mike, “Mike, when I die, I want you to get the finest bottle of Irish Whiskey and pour it over my grave.”, Mike replies, “Surely, my old friend. ( Log Out /  My Dad’s greatest gift to me was teaching me how to find the humor in everything. I can never remember a joke so love that you are sharing your dad’s jokes about Pat & Mike. Bill’s first born child was Mike, as is my brother. I never understood it until years later!). My Dad and his best friend from childhood, Bill, joined the Marine Corps on the same day. I'll admit I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy this series when it started, but the second half of the season has me hooked. Being proud of his Irish heritage, his favorite jokes to tell were invariably “Pat & Mike” jokes. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Double features: Husband-and-wife screenwriters Garson Kanin and Ruth Gordon — yes, she was a writer, too - not only dreamed this story up for their friends Tracy and Hepburn, but "Adam's Rib" as well — another comedy about gender roles, relationships and competition. Pat was married, and his wife was irritated to no end about him all the time stumbling home all drunk and throwing up in her kitchen sink. That is a really neatly written article. !”, Mike, his eyes bulging, admitted, “Yes, once in Ireland on a cow!” (Pop didn’t actually TELL me this joke. Tits out to here! He turned the bike around and retraced his route until he came upon a group of farmers standing around Mikes figure on the road. She couldn't swim! It’s the same load of bricks each time!”. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. With Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy. now playing Pat And Mike (1952) -- (Movie Clip) Tense The Gluteal Muscles. Promises were made that the first person there would find out and get back to the other. His put-on Brooklynese is a bit awkward (Tracy never was great with accents) but Hepburn's genuine, gorgeous athleticism shines right through her tiny tennis whites. “OHHH!” She wailed as she swayed, “Did you EVER see anything like it? I tried to look up the jokes when Patrick mentioned them back then, but found nothing. ", New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I hit a sandbar!”, On another occasion, Pat and Mike were sitting in a bar talking about death. Once upon a time: Pat Pemberton, the women's athletic coach at a California college, is an incredibly gifted all-around athlete — who, with some prodding from Mike, a Damon Runyonesqe character, decides to turn pro, finally focusing on tennis. So I took her way out, Mike. ', I told her, 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' As Ed’s firstborn, I am Patricia. ( Log Out /  Why kids will like it: Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy made nine films together, but this may be the easiest introduction for younger viewers: It's a comedy, with some nicely broad touches (a dim but sweet prizefighter, Pat's nightmarish hallucinations on the tennis court) and the modern message of a truly equal ("five-oh/five-oh") partnership between the sexes. Can she handle the ugly looks he's serving up courtside — and maybe, finally, find a true love match? The problem with Pat and Mike lies in Hepburn's role.First of all, we are to believe that this middle-aged woman is able to play nearly any sport as well as anyone, even those younger than her. Pat says to Mike, “Mike, when I die, I want you to get the finest bottle of Irish Whiskey and pour it over my grave.” Mike … May you be in heaven a half-hour before the devil knows you are dead. Pat and Mike is not one of Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn's better movies. So I took her way out, Mike. She says, 'Can I have a ride in your boat?'" Thank you from a fellow Irish person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the wheat, Pat answers “It’s fine Mike, but dive a little to the right. Fast forward/freeze frame: Nothing too hard to understand - except why the wonderful Pat has such a horrible fiance. Mike: Also, a lot of it is governed by serendipity: what I've snagged from online trading or Pat's picked up on his latest vinyl foray. 1952. Here are a couple I remember. “The good news is Heaven has one terrific baseball team!”, “The bad news,” he went on, “is there is a game tomorrow night, and you’re pitching!”. This account of the jokes was one of those great surprises that brought back so many truly funny real-life stories attributable to that sense of humor.

Outrun 2019, Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta Gif, Kubo And The Two Strings Streaming, Noho Hank Quotes, Walter Long, Wake Forest Sdn, Kameradschaft Meaning, Curtin Radiothon 2020, Forest Fires In Italy 2020,

Read Other Blog Posts