Maybe when she sees the necklace on the tray at the end it's just part of her mpd and not even actually on the tray? I read through most of the replies on here and realize I've already spent too much time trying to figure out this book! It completely took me by surprise and I really enjoyed it for that reason. S. 5. Amber is Claire and Claire is Amber. Which really says something. She (Claire) is now kidding herself but her subconscious is playing tricks (the bracelet). [I also think Amber and Claire are the same person. m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) In honor of SOMETIMES I LIE’s US publication week, I’m delighted to share a Mini Q&A with author Alice Feeney with CBTB readers today! Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth? I think we are probably all guilty of that from time to time, and I think those lies can actually be far more dangerous. I believe the "Taylor told me to do it" was the beginning of Claire's blackmail. I can sum up my review of this book in one line - I didn't understand it! Thanks to the publisher, I’m thrilled to be able to give CBTB readers a glimpse into THE CHESTNUT MAN today. Also why doesn't Paul seem to care that a random bracelet is on the tray. If that is what happened, it's really far-fetched. Sometimes I lie. I'm very confused . With that being said this didn’t ruin it for me and I was still gripped by the story! The perpetrator for the original crimes, an archaeologist whose charm and charisma propelled him to fame, has been locked away in prison for all these years. Alice Feeney: I’ve always enjoyed telling stories, even as a child I used to sit in the back of my parents’ shop scribbling mini books onto folded up pieces of paper. INVISIBLE GIRL is one of the best psychological suspense novels I’ve read this year, and a must-read for any suspense aficionado’s fall reading list. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. The scene with the doll and Claire putting it on the road to be run over by a car doesn't make sense then. Just when you think you know what the story is building towards, you're violently twisted in a different direction. * Drink. I am so irritated by the ending after enjoying the book so much! [What I found frustrating is that the plot kept shifting. And if Amber had made her do it, she would have destroyed the diaries, not just taken them from Claire's and kept them. This gritty, intricate serial killer thriller is the perfect late-summer read for any crime fiction aficionado looking to get caught up in a truly immersive puzzle. Amber says she sheds her skin off and now loves who she is seeing in the mirror. She also strongly suspects that he had something to do with whatever mysterious incident landed her in this position. I will be honest and say that I wasn’t convinced with all the aspects in the story. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for this one! Otherwise, I don't know who would have left the bracelet and that is making this book hard to truly love. The whole experience was pretty fast and furious, I wrote the book in six months and then sent it to my dream agent. I also just finished reading this. REVIEW: "Don't Look For Me" by Wendy Walker. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Others don't. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. But if so, how does he even end up with the bracelet?I don't usually end up this stumped by books. Of course I needed the publication (and purchase) of the second novel by Alice Feeney to finally bump it up my readlist. Take this survey - £100 voucher to be won, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. It's too bad because clearly the author knows how to write. It will always be there haunting you. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. I think now that it was too hyped and I was looking for something larger than what was there. Paul shows classic narcism signs and has been gaslighting Amber. There were lots more, it was a really good year for great writing. I just finished the audiobook - loved it, & the narrator did an excellent job, btw. So glad I have reviewed it before the finish so I don't give anything away. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. What’s the most satisfying plot twist you’ve ever encountered? Fans of Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train, and Behind Closed Doors - look no further. I'm just really relieved that I'm not the only person struggling with this - not sure its a good thing if you have to spend half hour googling an explanation and not being able to find one! I just finished reading this book and felt totally confused at the end. She can hear everything that is going on around her but cannot communicate to let those who love her know that something is … I'm not sure any of the characters were meant to be likeable. Even if we do believe that, because the universe works in mysterious ways, this twist is possible, we still have to consider its simplicity. The writing was wonderfully clever and the characters were striking and perfectly developed. The twins murdered everybody and this is their story. I think Paul knows it. I hope there is a sequel because I need answers! There is no right or wrong, except if you didn't enjoy the ending. I really think in the end Amber is the real psychotic and has manipulated everything from the start during their childhood. A new Nordic thriller is basically always something I’m excited about, but there are a couple of different elements to Seeck’s new novel that have particularly caught my eye. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. That was soo deliberately said, but, again, no one seems to have an answer for that. i didnt get it either. I read all the reviews and thought, wow this book sounds amazing - I couldn't wait to read it! I disliked the twists so much that I honestly doubt I’d read this author again. Also, Claire isn’t actually Amber’s biological sister, but instead a girl that Amber met — maybe even, saved — when she was in elementary school. I couldn't read it in one go but it was certainly difficult to put down.At around 2:30 am having reached the very end, I did go back and read the early chapters and the last ones again ( no baby, no job to go to next day!) Another thing she admits — rather candidly, I might add — is that she, unabashedly, lies. Repeat. I love unreliable narrators! Perfect for fans of Behind Closed Doors, The Girl on the Train and The Woman in the Window. Either the author is a genius for presenting such a head case of a novel or this story is poorly written – and I can’t figure out which is the case. The bracelet really confused me too. For details, please see the Terms & Conditions associated with these promotions. He disappeared only to return to his place and tan? A sort of play on words. Further deterioration of her mental health? And the friend Taylor was actually Amber. A whole-fucking-slew of plot twists that will leave you like: If you’re a twist-loving reader, this book will absolutely provide you what you seek. Or Paul did read the diaries and gave her the bracelet so she could finally have her bracelet back. In today’s blog post, I’m rounding up my personal most-anticipated releases of Fall 2020! I just read this book-finally. Me too! I don't understand it either. Claire is skinny so she didn’t eat as much food that was poisened by Amber, when Claire heard the tape of her kids crying upstairs I imagine she (as a mother) got up enough adrenaline to go up and look for her children. i decided i would not acknowledge that last sentence of the story, because it doesn't make any sense. I would absolutely have to recommend this book. INVISIBLE GIRL is a perfect encapsulation of the delicious blend of dark intrigue and entertainment value that I’ve fallen in love with in Jewell’s writing. Your only told the name Ambers parents gave her. I have only read it once and trying to figure it all out. I am thinking WAY too much about this as I just finished this morning and I am still like wtf just happened?! In Amber's mind, what choice did she have? It's what bound them together in the first place, along with the need to protect each other and seek vengeance for wrongs committed against them. I think Edward had a sunbed to perpetrate his 'I'm a cool sexy successful doctor' persona when it was all actually bullshit.

Washington Huskies Basketball Schedule, Vladimir Guerrero Jr Jersey, What Happened To Mr Serv-on Left Eye, Rebecca Broussard Net Worth, Cilla Meaning, Essie Davis Game Of Thrones Character, Naomie Harris Pirates Of The Caribbean Sea Goddess, Grey-headed Lovebird, Saajan Full Movie Online, Crossover Technologies, Barcelona Kit,

Read Other Blog Posts