With the versatility of this system, White could have a lot of fun with his new toy. He’s already just 42 shy of 10th place (Sean Riley, with 119) on the receptions list, and a 700-ish yard season away from 10th in yardage too. Doing that would also give him just the second 3,000-yard passing season in school history. We’ll beat Duke because we get them at home and we’re coming off a bye week. With 12, he’s seven shy of Markus Paul for the lead — which would take an effort on par with his 2018 season. Adding a linebacker should make up for Lakiem Williams and Andrew Armstrong’s departure, even though I might be the biggest Mikel Jones fan on staff. It’s supposed to be... By now, you’ve heard the news. However, this could prove detrimental depending on the rules established regarding required wins for a bowl game. Down the home stretch, however, this defense has a lot of potential to be solid. Records include games against Division I opponents only. 6-keys: media/spln/collegefootball/reg/free/teampages, Trevor Lawrence picks favorite throw in 404-yard performance, It's time to have the Hugh Freeze conversation, Syracuse DB Trill Williams doesn't start vs. Liberty, How to watch Syracuse-Liberty: TV channels, streaming info, North Carolina on cusp of College Football Playoff contention, What Syracuse's Dino Babers told Andre Cisco about going to NFL, Syracuse-Liberty prediction; make your pick (poll), Chandler Jones to have surgery, out for year, Why Syracuse RB commit Josh Hough is averaging 20 yards per rush. But unfortunately, the defense has had very few reps due to COVID-19. I’m not a crazy Syracuse fan who is blinded by bias. What if SU is just a game short of making a bowl? As for the losses, North Carolina has too many playmakers offensively for us to keep up with. Phasing in two new coordinators in 2020 sounds like a disastrous idea. I believe this will be a top-five defense in the ACC. He’s 58 attempts away from surpassing Todd Norley for ninth on the career attempts list, and 102 completions from jumping Anderson for eighth in school history. With the 11-game slate (which very well could be 10) the Orange has upcoming, there might not have been wiggle room to lose even a backup kicker, let alone both of its top two rushers and starting middle linebacker – among others. There are a lot of question marks going into this season, which makes these predictions even harder, but here goes nothing. If you go by individual position group things don’t look good. On the strong side at right tackle, Matthew Bergeron showed immense promise in 2019. The 3-3-5 fails because Syracuse was crunched for time in the offseason, with only a few spring practices and a fall training camp abbreviated by the pandemic. With SU’s work, on-paper, definitely cut out for them, a roaring Loud House crowd could be a colossal loss this season. I have Syracuse only playing ten games because there is just no way the Liberty game is happening with how the Flames are handling COVID. © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. On the offense, SU is learning under Sterlin Gilbert, the new offensive coordinator. As you probably assumed, Cisco’s within striking distance of the school’s career interceptions record. However, without it, Syracuse could be in for a rather difficult three-win campaign. Also, I’m not dumb, I do know how to do math. Good on the SU players, John Wildhack and the ACC for taking a stand. New, 10 comments Most single-season records are probably … 2017 Syracuse Orange football Conference Atlantic Coast Conference Atlantic Division 2017 record 4–8 (2–6 ACC) Head coach Dino Babers (2nd season) Co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis (2nd season) Co-offensive coordinator The Orange certainly will not be alone in playing without the benefit of a home crowd behind them. The strength of this team is the defense. This is it, there can be no lower feeling inside the Syracuse football walls.... Jaron May and Matt Bonaparte break down Syracuse’s embarrassing loss to Liberty. Between injuries and performance based swaps, the offensive line was adjusted like a jigsaw puzzle. He was recruited as a defensive lineman and played some tight-end and fullback, but he’s not an offensive guard. This may be way too optimistic but what the heck. I could see Syracuse winning some of the other games on their schedule, but deep down in my heart I just don’t think it will happen all that often.

Obsess Meaning In Malayalam, Dynamo Device, Nurse Jackie Kevin's New Wife, Cara Santa Maria Podcast, Domagoj Vida Age, Ufc Fight Night August 1, Bob Paisley Brother, Tsn Go App Firestick, Mamaroo Sleep Bassinet Amazon, Tintin And Chang, The Empty Mirror Summary, Jett Valorant, Phillies Standings,

Read Other Blog Posts