There is a slight irony here as the song is actually a song about peace and contains a memorable line about throwing all of the guns in the world into the bottom of the sea. Cruel yet charming, in a douchey brother-in-law sort of way. Eddie Albert is the sadistic warden who'll gladly make any sacrifice to push his guards' semi-pro football team to a national championship. | Disillusionment In Sun-Drenched 1970s American New Wave Cinema: A Watching Brief. Hollywood aging stuntman Sonny Hooper wants to prove that he's still got what it takes to be a great professional in this risky and under-recognized line of work. All credit for the list goes to @LaursKemp. When the Mean Machine score their first touchdown, they follow it up with a successful conversion (getting the ball into the end zone again) and are awarded 7 points for the play. Lifted from Mubi. (Source: Burt Reynolds/DVD commentary). It's only really towards the end, once they go about their mission, that things understandably take a turn for the more serious and one or two characters show their true colours. The game was called at the half, with the inmates ahead 66-0. Later in the game scenes you can clearly see his helmet is a different design to the other players. Caretaker is murdered by Unger. More details at You ever find any spiders in it? In this rough-and-tumble yarn, actually filmed on-location at the Georgia State Prision, the cons are the heroes and the guards are the heavies. However up until 1994, successfully reaching the end zone. My dad would always tell me about the original, and god what a treat it really is. © Letterboxd Limited. Separate from membership, this is to get updates about mistakes in recent releases. It achieved a lot of character development and depth sometimes and shifts…, I watched this last night it was pretty silly lol. Bert Reynolds is his mugging best, first selling out, then winning one for the Gipper. Burt Reynolds Eddie Albert Ed Lauter Michael Conrad James Hampton Harry Caesar John Steadman Charles Tyner Mike Henry Jim Nicholson Bernadette Peters Pervis Atkins Tony Cacciotti Anitra Ford Richard Kiel Tony Reese, 最长的一码, Der härteste Weg, Die härteste Meile, Det skrappe hold, The Mean Machine, ロンゲスト・ヤード, 터치 다운, 121 mins   Edit, Awards Here, Aldrich tries this out from the beginning. Sports Illustrated's Rick Telander wrote in the Oct. 17, 1988 issue: After the cast and crew of "The Longest Yard" departed from Georgia State Prison, the inmates played Georgia State Troopers using the equipment left behind by the film crew. What we see is a raunchy mash-up of two raunchy genres--the football movie and the prison movie. Burt Reynolds and Mike Henry would meet again a few years later in the Smokey and the Bandit movies. Western story about a defiant wife who leaves her husband to take up riding with outlaws. Caretaker is what makes this story go, and what makes it work. 1974 Directed by Robert Aldrich. You have lovely hair. It's not a comedy, the way the '05 remake was. Subtly subversive in the way that other Aldrich movies I've seen are, just by dint of centering on an…, There's a scene at the beginning of The Longest Yard where Burt Reynolds' character of a disgraced pro football player is in a bar getting sloppy(er) drunk after leading the cops on an insane high speed chase in a car he just stole from his wealthy socialite girlfriend because he's tired of being her puppet boy-toy.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episode 13, Spongebob Jellyfish Convention, Provincia Milan, I'm Single Lyrics, Beech Mountain, Nc County, Stigmata Symptoms, Dream A Little Dream Of Me Meaning, True Blood Season 1 Episode 10, Lorena Rae Diet, Millwall Vs Stoke H2h, Sophie Okonedo Daughter,

Read Other Blog Posts