"(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding" was written by Nick Lowe in 1974. Bono could even be seen mocking the preachers. Country singer Conway Twitty recorded a cover version in January 1983. Dans ce film, dans lequel Bette Midler a eu son premier rôle principal, la chanson a été jouée pendant les crédits de fin. Additionally, it was number 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart for five weeks running. Au 37e cérémonie des Golden Globes (qui a eu lieu le 26 janvier 1980), la chanson a remporté le Golden Globe de la meilleure chanson originale. She thinks of herself as a "song interpreter," but back in the '80s another country star convinced Emmylou to take a crack at songwriting. It has been recorded multiple times including by Conway Twitty and Westlife who both had Number one hits with the song. Chanson adaptée en français par Ganaël. Vous pouvez vous abonner à la lettre d'information directement sur votre page compte, ou en vous inscrivant ici. Bette Midler recorded "The Rose" for her 1980 eponymous film based on the life of Janis Joplin. Aux États-Unis, la chanson a atteint la 3e place sur le Billboard Hot 100[1]. Some say love, it is a razor It has been recorded multiple times including by Conway Twitty and Westlife who both had Number one hits with the song. It was Midler's second Grammy - seven years earlier she won for Best New Artist. Date: 1977. The Rose soundtrack also included one song that since its original release has become a mainstay in Midler's live repertoire, Jerry Ragovoy's despairing blues ballad "Stay With Me". My heart is just a scar.' "Keep On Rockin'" was the second Sammy Hagar track Midler recorded, his hard rock track "Red" was featured on her 1977 studio album Broken Blossom. Taylor Swift became the first ever female in the history of the Hot 100 to succeed herself at #1, when "Blank Space" dethroned the songstress' previous single, "Shake It Off" from the top spot. They thought it was dull and not rock-and-roll and totally wrong. From the Show: The Rose. Product Type: Musicnotes. Midler recorded it for the 1980 movie of the same name, which she starred in. ", McBroom's composition was one of seven songs selected by Midler from thirty song possibilities proffered by Paul A. Rothchild, the producer of The Rose soundtrack album. Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, "Talkin' Broadway - Cabaret Interview with Amanda McBroom", US chart positions on allmusic.com (Bette Midler version), "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", "Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 27, 1980", "Conway Twitty Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", The Irish Charts – Search Results – The Rose", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", "End of Year Singles Chart Top 100 – 2006", "British single certifications – Westlife – The Rose", "The Final Scene in Studio Ghibli's Only Yesterday Is Perfect", She Needs Someone to Hold Her (When She Cries), There's a Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back In), This Time I've Hurt Her More Than She Loves Me, I Don't Know a Thing About Love (The Moon Song), Too Late to Stop Now: The Very Best of the Dubliners, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Rose_(song)&oldid=981845588, Song recordings produced by Paul A. Rothchild, Billboard Hot Country Songs number-one singles, Billboard Adult Contemporary number-one singles, RPM Adult Contemporary number-one singles, Best Original Song Golden Globe winning songs, Singlechart usages for Billboardcountrysongs, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You" – 3:47, "I Feel Love" Lyrics by Betty Box, Music by, This page was last edited on 4 October 2020, at 19:06. That never learns to live, When the night has been too lonely 2 in the Irish Singles Chart. It reached number one on the UK Singles Chart, becoming the group's 14th and most recent number-one single in the United Kingdom.

Wale On Chill Mp3, Home Movies Jason Ferret, Peppermint 2, Urbania Magazine, David Livingstone Wife, Saratoga Picks, For King And Country Movie 2021,

Read Other Blog Posts